Menu

DRY FRUIT SAVARISI PAYASAM/ DRY FRUIT SAGO KHEER

  

Dry fruit Savarisi payasam/Dry fruit sago kheer is a delicious and healthy dessert recipe. In South India, payasam is one of the best ending dishes in every meal during festive and ceremonial. Its a rule too..whenever planning food menu for ceremonials, payasam is the mandatory dessert recipe to be served for guests. Different delicious payasam recipes are there, check this link for Paal payasam/Milk kheer This dry fruit payasam is even more delicious to have and this recipe satisfies the Dry fruit lover's taste buds. It is the best competitor for all payasam recipes. 

To be honest, I make this recipe suddenly, my mom was planning to make Paal payasam for Friday meal, I entered the kitchen stopped her work, make this recipe in all of sudden. This recipe is taking me back to my hometown's childhood days. During my weekend, my dad(I like to mention his name here - Govindaraju Veeranan) takes me with him for an outing, he asks me what u want to have, every time I replied the same dad! I want Manjal payasam.. haha.. Yes, payasam is yellow in color. I named it as Manjal/yellow payasam. actually, that is badam milk payasam. Even After my marriage, my dad bought me the same payasam every time, I visit my home on vacation. Now its Covid19 lockdown, during our everyday meal, he says to me the shop is not opened for getting payasam. I make the same yellow payasam at home, I am very conscious in the color of the payasam haha.. finally I make this dry fruit sago payasam with the same taste and served my dad !!!! I am very happy by seeing my dad's happy face while having payasam. Its a healthy and friendly recipe for all ages.

Come!! I will share how to make Dry fruit sago payasam/Dry fruit sago kheer recipe in simple and quickly. Try this in your kitchen. I hope you all Love it

                 Learning and Sharing is real Happiness!!!!!!    

                                            

Course: Dessert  Prep Time: 5 minutes  Serving: 6
 Cuisine: Indian Cook Time: 20 minutes    Author: Bhuvana Devi

    Ingredients:

  • Ghee -1 tbsp
  • Sago-1/4cup
  • Milk 2 cups
  • Water 1.5 cups
  • Cardamom powder - 1/4tsp
  • Saffron- 10 strands
  • Sugar- ¼ cup

  • Cashews- 10
  • Raisins-10
  • Almond -6
  • Pistachio– 6
  • Walnuts- 3
  • Condensed milk - 2 tbsp

 Preparation

  • Heat a pan, add 1 tbsp of ghee, roast the cashews, raisins, Keep it aside.
  • With the same pan roast sago for 3 min, keep aside. Boil the roasted sago with 3 cups of water until it turns glossy. drain the water and keep it aside.
  • Take the blender, add the almonds, pistachios, blend it into a fine powder.
  • For removing the skin of the almonds instantly, soak it in the hot water for 3 min, and remove the skin easily.
  • Soak the saffron strands with 2 tbsp of warm milk for 10 min and keep it aside 

 Method:

  •    Take a pan, add 2 cups of milk and 1.5 cups water, bring it to boil.
  •   Once the milk gets boiled, add the boiled sago, grounded dry fruit powder,      mix and cook well for 5 min.
  •         Add the condensed milk, sugar,  mix, and cook for a few mins.
  •         Now, add the saffron milk and mix it well.
  •       Add Cardamom powder and roasted cashews, raisins. 

            Serve the yummy delicious dry fruit Payasam with hot or cold !!!!

Pictorial step by step Method:

Step 1:Heat a pan, add 1 tbsp of ghee, roast the chopped cashews, walnuts, raisins, Keep it aside.

Step 2:With the same pan roast sago for 3 min, keep aside. Boil the roasted sago with 3 cups of water until the sago turns glossy. drain the water and keep it aside.

Step 3:Take the blender, add the almonds, pistachios blend it into a fine powder.  (For removing the skin of the almonds instantly, soak it in the hot water for 3 min, and remove the skin easily.)                                                     

Step4: Soak the saffron strands with 2 tbsp of warm milk for 10 mins and keep it aside   
Step5: Take a pan, add 2 cups of milk and 1.5 cups water, bring it to boil.

Step 6:Once the milk gets boiled, add the boiled sago, grounded dry fruit powder,    and mix and cook well for 5 min.

Step 7: Add the Grounded badam pistachio powder, condensed milk, sugar, and mix well.

 

Step 9:Now, add the saffron milk and mix it well.

                                  

Step 10: Add cardamom powder and roasted cashews, raisins. 
  

   Serve the yummy delicious dry fruit Payasam with hot or cold !!!!

             Try it in your kitchen!  If u like this recipe, do share it with your friends and family. Tried this recipe?? Tag me @myclickandtick and #myclickandtick on Instagram. 


 

2 comments:

Author

authorWelcome to my Blog !!! I am Bhuvana Devi ,Blogger behind My Click and Tick.
More



Try Me !!!